Last updated: December 1, 2018
Agreement to Terms
Quantstamp considers your privacy as very important. This Site is not directed nor intended to be used by any individual or individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
We may collect/store/distribute information submitted by you, including but not limited to any information through which we can identify you as an individual (“Personal Data”), as further described below. The Personal Data we collect about you when you use or access our Site include the following:
- Your contact details. Your name, address, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol address and any other contact details you provide to us.
- Your personal characteristics. This could include your gender, profession, job title, patterns, marital status (if shown on identification cards) or other personal characteristics that are requested or provided to identify you.
- Recording of images, audio, video, text, or messaging footage. When you enter our buildings or premises or access our Site, you may be recorded by our video, audio, or motion surveillance systems and such recordings may be used for the purposes of safety, operations, training, or our business. You may also be recorded on image, audio, video, text, or messaging footage during events, such as seminars, meet-ups, or “Ask Me Anything” sessions, that we host or sponsor and such recordings may be used for the purposes of safety, operations, training, or our business.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you through any channels or otherwise.
- Any other personal data. This includes any personal data that you disclose to us during the course of your contractual relationship with us, either voluntarily or upon request.
- “Know Your Client” (or “KYC”) or anti-money laundering/counter-terrorism financing information. Quantstamp may be required by applicable law or regulation in certain circumstances to conduct, or work with third party service providers to conduct, “know your client” identification and/or anti-money laundering/counter-terrorism financing procedures. To comply with our obligation, we may also collect the following information from the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs) of you or our clients: first and family name, copy of identification, nationalities, tax residence, tax filing information, assets, financial information, private/residence address, phone number, email address, date of birth, marital status, profession and actual function, range of annual income, range of estimated wealth, source of wealth and (where applicable) a United States or other Taxpayer Identification Number.
Collection of your information and Personal Data may be gathered by (but not limited to) the following methods:
- We may obtain information and Personal Data about you from Internet page forms or by other means you may volunteer, transmit, or make available information. We may also collect information and Personal Data about how you and visitors of our Site uniquely surf or browse our Site (this may include but not limited to, the originating server of you as a visitor/user/applicant).
Purposes and Use of Gathered and Submitted Information and your Personal Data
Quantstamp collects and uses the information submitted by you or make accessible to us via the Site, including but not limited to your Personal Data, for the purposes below or for purposes on a lawful basis and by submitting or making accessible such information to us via the Site you consent to our use of that information for the same purposes. To the extent we already hold information about you, we may also use that information for the same purposes.
- We may use your information, including but not limited to your Personal Data, to enable performing any agreements entered into between you and us, and to provide your with the information and services that you request, including managing and handling your requests, inquiries or complaints.
- We may use your information, including but not limited to your Personal Data, to send you marketing communications (such as newsletters, promotions, offerings, news, or service updates) via email, messaging, telephonic, or other electronic means, but we will do so subject to your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time, as further described below.
- If you are an existing client, we may use your information, including but not limited to your Personal Data (both on aggregated and individual bases), such as your contact details and your electronic identification data, for the purpose of advertising our services, products, offerings, programs, and protocols that may be of interest to you (based on our services that you have previously used), making contact with you for marketing or other commercial purposes.
- We may use your information, including but not limited to your Personal Data, for client administration purposes, such as client service agreements administration, or administration of work done subject to client service agreements.
- We may use your information, including but not limited to your Personal Data, for analysing and improving the quality of our Site, to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing or advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising, including delivering targeted advertising based on your historical use of our services, to operate and expand our business activities, to develop and improve our services, products, offerings, programs, and protocols, to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our Site, to assist in security and fraud prevention, to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analyses, vulnerability assessments, testing, research, and statistical purposes.
- We may use your information, including but not limited to your Personal Data, to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (such as maintaining appropriate business records, conducting due diligence, know your client identification, anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism, or other processes), complying or cooperating with requests by governmental or law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, or other bodies having oversight or prudential jurisdiction or as otherwise required by law.
Links listed on the Site are for informational purposes only, any use of those links are solely at the user discretion and are their own sole responsibility. We offer no warranty or acceptance of responsibility for any and all actions and interactions between users from our site and the linked sites.
Information Disclosure/ Nonaffiliated Third Parties
We may disclose your information, to our service providers, partners and other third parties. For the purposes and in the circumstances as described above, we may also use and disclose your Personal Data with third parties. We may also disclose your Personal Data in response to a legal process as well as the transfer or sale of personally identifiable information pursuant to the sale of our business or assets. If we transfer ownership of the Site to an unrelated company we will notify you by email or by general notice on our Site.
Cross-border Transfers of Your Personal Data
Please be advised that the Site is hosted in the United States and in other regions throughout the world. If you access the Site from the European Economic Area, Asia, or any other region of the world with laws or other requirements governing personal data collection, use, or disclosure that differ from applicable laws in the United States, then through your continued use of the Site, you acknowledge and agree that you are transferring your information, including but not limited to your Personal Data, outside of your region to the United States or to any other region of the world, and you expressly consent to have your Personal Data transferred to and processed in the United States or any other region of the world.
Privacy Notice and Opt Out Notice
Your information provided by or made accessible by you, including but not limited to Personal Data, to the extent maintained on our systems is protected using reasonable steps to deter against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information to the extent under our control. Due to the nature of the Internet, computer networks, systems and other factors, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on, or transmitted from our systems or the Site will be completely secure.
Personal Data Retention
We retain your Personal Data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which collected and used unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
Notice for Opt Out
Subject to eligibility and conditions set forth in applicable laws and regulations, you may request your disclosed information which was provided via the Site, or make other requests to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data by writing to Quantstamp, Inc. at email@example.com with a description of your request. Quantstamp, Inc. is not obligated to respond to certain requests subject to your eligibility and conditions set forth in applicable laws and regulations.
Contacting Quantstamp, Inc.
For questions or comments email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.